To delete your Instagram search history:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom right.
- Tap the settings icon in the top right (three dots on Android; gear icon on iOS)
- Scroll down and tap “Clear Search History”
- A popup will appear. Tap “Yes, I’m sure”.
There you have it.
Easy peasy, right?
Now no one will know that you’ve been stalking that ex you haven’t seen in 5 years.
Still not enough?
Instagram may still populate your search results with past searches once you type the first few letters.
Fortunately there’s a way to fix that too, but we’ll have to save it for another post.
What about those pesky #hashtags?
You can hide those too!
Learn “How to Hide Hashtags on Instagram” – one of the best Instagram hacks out there – by clicking this link.